Monday, May 12, 2014

Dear Graham

Dear Graham, 

Where do I even begin? I've dreamed of being a momma for as long as I can remember and you, my sweet boy, have made me just that. 


When your dad and I found out you were on the way I just knew you were going to be a boy. We wondered what you would look like (I secretly hoped it was me :) ), if you would be strong willed like your mom or an easy going guy like your dad. And before we knew it, here you were. 


In the past few weeks that you've been here, I have stared at every one of your features hoping to memorize each eyelash, elbow wrinkle and that sweet baby smell.  Call me a crazy mom, but I know that in the blink of an eye we will be sending your to kindergarten and then college. Time has seemed to fly by already and unfortunately, I know these precious days will not be around for long. 


 It has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined to watch your daddy with you. One of his favorite things is the way you stretch when you wake up. I love watching him talk to you and he even started a prayer journal that will one day be yours. 


As for me, you have changed my life in so many ways. Before you were born I thought I had some idea of what being a mom would be like. I was so wrong. 

My heart was not prepared for the love that I would have for you. I want to be the best that I can be all for you. And I find myself constantly in prayer for you. 

I pray that you would have godly friends and adult examples. I pray for your dad and I to have wisdom to raise you to be a respectful, kind, Jesus loving boy. I pray for the woman that will one day become your wife. But most of all, I pray that you would love and seek Him with all of your heart. 


How lucky we are to have you as our son, Graham. We love you more than you could ever imagine.



Always, 
Momma 

1 comment:

  1. Why is this link just now showing up on my blog roll? Love this!

    ReplyDelete