Friday, May 9, 2014

Graham's Birth Story Cont...

The moments after finding out I was going to have a c-section were a blur. I was taken back to the operating room where they prepped me for surgery and from the minute I got to the OR to the time G was born was around 30 minutes. The anesthesiologist was new to Arlington Memorial and commented that its as the fastest c-section he had ever seen. My doctor commented back that she had done quite a few of them. :)

Graham Ryan Dudley was born at 9:13 p.m. weighing 7 lbs 15 1/2 oz and was 20 3/4 in long





I'm not sure if it was due to all of the medicine, physical exhaustion or just a combination of both, but I was pretty emotionless when Graham was born. I remember the doctor holding G over the sheet,  Ryan saying how much he looked like my dad and being relieved after hearing his first cry, but other than that I don't recall much else. At one point I even remember thinking that it would probably be appropriate for me to smile. Of course, I was so excited that our boy was here, but my emotions just seemed to have left me. 

After getting stitched up they wheeled me back to the recovery room where I finally was able to get a good look at our sweet boy. 




Our families were able to come back shortly after I got back in the room and seeing Ryan proudly show Graham to them was so special.





Our hospital stay was great (except for one night when G cried ALL NIGHT. I'm pretty sure Ryan wanted to give him back haha) and we had lots of loved ones come visit.




We finally headed home Thursday afternoon and were so glad to be back!


Welcome to the world, Graham! We are so glad you're here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment