Friday, May 2, 2014

Weeks 34-39

I'll be honest, after week 33 I just didn't have it in me to keep up with my weekly bump date. I probably wouldn't even have these pictures if it weren't for Ryan making me. (thanks, babe!) 

So since I didn't keep track weekly, I'm going to try and recall exactly what was going on as I finished growing this baby! Week 34 I began going to my appointments every two weeks. Appointments were quick and easy; my blood pressure was taken, I weighed in, doctor measured my belly and listened to G's heartbeat. I was still feeling pretty good weeks 34-36, just tired and getting ready to see our little guy. I was having a lot of pain on my right side under the ribcage, but the doctor attributed that to Graham having his foot pushed against my liver. 

At my 36 week appointment Dr. B estimated Graham to be at around 6 lbs and thought that when he was born he would weigh about 7 1/2 lbs. Her exact words were, "he's not going to be a big boy, but he won't be a string bean either!" She was also able to feel my stomach and tell that he was head down. We also discussed options for induction if my due date was reached. After week 36, I began going in weekly for check ups. 

Week 37 appointment was a dud. Since I hadn't had any contractions, she decided not to check me. (I also sat in the room naked from the waist down for an hour and a half because she had to go deliver a baby. fun stuff)

At week 38 I was 80% effaced and dilated to a 1. Still no contractions.

Week 39 was a big week! I was still dilated to a 1 but almost 100% effaced. Dr. Bergstrom surprised me by asking how I felt about being induced the next week. She felt like I was ready and this way we would know that she would be there for the birth. Umm..yes, please! I was ready to have this baby. My doctor's appointment was on a Tuesday and my induction was scheduled for the following Monday at 6:00 a.m. 











No comments:

Post a Comment